DIANTHUS

Dianthus is our Canadian Sailcraft 36 sailboat (Merlin version) we purchased in December 2011.



Wednesday, October 31, 2012

SANDY

A hurricane making landfall this far north the end of OCT?  What's up w/ THAT!?
Since the yard was fully scheduled to haul boats all weekend I trussed up Dianthus like a spiderweb and hoped for the best.  The marina is very well protected and is well back in the creek so I wasn't too worried.  Doubled up lines, added two more spring lines and adjusted them all until I was satisfied she'd be okay.
Monday night as the wind speed rose and the rain came down in sheets I was sorely tempted to drive over to the marina after work but figured I was just asking for trouble and there wasn't really much I could do.  Tuesday morning though I drove over and got there about an hour after high tide.  The docks were completely covered w/ water to a depth of about 10 inches but it was receding.  All the boats appeared to have come through completely unscathed.




No comments:

Post a Comment